Friday, 31 January 2014

The first launch of It's Never Too Late

January 25th, 2014 marked the grand launch of my book It's Never Too Late. It was the first ever launch and I was very excited and little nervous too. But the happiest thing apart from the launch was that, my parents were here with me. Yes! It means they were sitting right in front of me during the entire launch. It was wonderful to see them as I had wished umpteen times for them to attend my first launch during writing my book and when they got plans to come to Bangalore, I was on Cloud 9 since then.

My husband, Sumit and our kid, Ashmit, both were pretty excited too. Sumit had been placing calls to everyone and inviting them to the launch. On the event date, he was furiously taking follow up calls. He was supremely busy in those activities while I could prepare myself for the launch. I wondered how much patience he carries with him as some were being very offensive over the phone on trivial issues and were talking senseless. Anyways, we had to ignore that despite of their talking made us upset. Those people should understand how big the day was for us and they certainly should not upset any of us but I guess this is the life. Good and bad things go hand in hand.

For the event, I wore sari. Before leaving home, I was nervous but my mother assured me everything would go just fine. I crossed my fingers and left home. In fifteen minutes, we were at Leela Palace (where the launch was supposed to be done). After parking the car, we got clicked and here are those pics...

Here I am...inside Leela Palace




With my family. So proud I am.


After a round of photos, we went inside. We had reached early so that we could check on arrangements and clear queries, if any. When entered inside Oxford Book store, I saw my book on display. I smiled and could not resist myself to click it up.





Stage is all set and done with fascinating backdrop

With my mummy :)

Gradually people started showing up. The Chief Guests pre-decided for the launch were two wonderful writers, named Sheila Kumar and Andaleeb Wajid. You can see Andaleeb's book 'My Brother's Wedding' next to mines and Sheila's 'Kith and Kin' a little behind. Both are lovely writers and they too arrived shortly. We talked and discussed few things about the launch. When it was 6.30 pm, we decided to start the show. 

The evening started with getting our Introductions done. After this, we all three writers were consumed in panelists discussion. We talked about my book. Andaleeb and Sheila asked questions to me on how did I wrote this book and why I chose fear as the main theme of the book and few others to which I was delighted to answer. The discussion rolled for some more time and then happened the Unveiling of my book. 


Unveiling





After the unveiling, we all three read excerpts from my book. It was a wonderful experience reading passages out loud, realizing it was just not me who was listening to the words I had written. There were many more people listening too. 


Somewhere clearing my point


Lovely audience of the evening

Then started off Q and A session. Some of the readers asked amazing questions for which I was more than happy to answer.




After the session, the event escalated to Book signing session. Some of our friends and other readers were there holding my book to get it signed up.

Book signing

Interacting with a reader

It was a really wonderful experience doing my launch. Many of our friends came there and wished me luck and talked to me over several things. Some of them had taken great efforts to make it to the event. I am so grateful to all those people who came at my launch and made it a success. Thank you everyone! For encouraging me by your precious presence.

As it was a High tea event, we had some snacks and tea post launch. We had fun too talking to our friends who by the way pulled my leg for being so formal. I didn't mind it. I believe you have to put up the persona the occasion demands for. So yes...I was being little formal but it was appropriate. 

Later I along with my family went out to have dinner together.

Dinner time

My parents loved the way I spoke at my launch. They congratulated me and said I was wonderful. I was even more delighted to hear all this coming from them. My most special moments are when my parents appreciate the efforts I put for something and when my mummy pitaji did, I was elated. 

My parents before launch, smiling at me :)

I am so happy that everything went well. With my parents blessings and Sumit's love, I am now all set to write more and more for all of you.

Wish me luck :)



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This looks like such an exciting event and I loved seeing the pictures. So happy for you and wishing you the best of luck. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! Thank you for the wishes and I am glad you liked the pictures. Yes...the event was very nice. People enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations...
    it s just the beginning ... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deeps! Yeah...a long way to go :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats Priyanka ! All the Best for your future endeavors :)

    ReplyDelete

Stopping by to leave a comment? That's a good gesture :)